Adkins & Cheurfi are recruiting on behalf of an iconic venue in Whitley Bay for a Restaurant Manager to run their award-winning restaurant & takeaway.
About the venue:
We are currently looking to recruit a Restaurant Manager at this iconic venue in Whitley Bay. This restaurant is nationally renowned as a quality Fish and Seafood Restaurant. The first outlet has been open for over 40 years in Whitby and three years ago opened it’s second restaurant in the North East.
This is a 160-cover restaurant situated directly under the venue’s iconic Dome. Although the restaurant is well known for fish and chips, it offers so much more with a diverse menu catering to the majority of diets. This is a full-time position based on working 48 hours per week.
The perfect candidate will be / have:
This is not an entry level position. We are looking for a candidate who has at least 2 years’ experience as a manager in a similar size and quality of restaurant.
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to take ownership of problems as they arise and have a problem-solving mentality.
- Someone who works well under pressure.
- Willing to take on board feedback and directions from superiors
- Willing to lead by example and coach your team, aiming to offer the best standards at all times.
- Be proud about where you work and the product you / your team offers.
- Flexible with your working hours to suit the business at the majority of the busiest times including, bank holidays, weekends, lunch times and evening.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Have high standards that are communicated to your team.
In addition to the 160-cover restaurant, the chosen candidate will oversee the Takeaway operation which is operated from a separate unit off the main promenade. You will ensure that all areas of the operation are correctly staffed at all times in line with departmental wage budgets. Understanding the peak and off-peak times of the restaurant is the key to success in this area.
Apply now for a confidential chat!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £29,500.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking