Adkins & Cheurfi Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a Sous Chef for a hotel in the beautiful Northumberland countryside.
An opportunity to work in a fledgling kitchen alongside the venue’s Head Chef whilst enjoying extensive career progression in beautiful surroundings & competitive salary.
About the venue:
A former hunting lodge in the beautiful Northumberland countryside surrounded by unspoilt moorland and dense forests teeming with local wildlife. Spread over 1,000 acres of land the sprawling estate has a wealth of history to its name and dates back to Edwardian times.
About the role:
Leading the team in the Head Chef’s absence; the Sous Chef must be an inspirational leader, motivating and developing the team with their correct example and creating a culture of passion and enthusiasm for the preparation and service of food. The Sous chef will cultivate an excellent working partnership with the front of house team.
They must assist in providing food that not only exceeds our guest expectations in flavour, substance and presentation, but is also in line with agreed company & legal standards. This is in addition to ensuring that the food costs of the business are well managed.
- To work with the restaurant team to understand customer expectations, comments and to handle any complaints to satisfy the customer promptly
- To consistently prepare and cook all food to the standards and dish specifications, and train the team to do the same
- To be hands on and present during the busy service periods
- To be a team player at all times and be prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that all operations are always as guest-focused, efficient and profitable as possible.
- To ensure that the hotel’s Health & Safety Policy and Food Safety Management System are adhered to in the kitchen including all related paperwork checks & record keeping
- To ensure the menu, daily specials and special menus are available, as appropriate
- To ensure functions menus are managed effectively in conjunction with the manager in charge
- To ensure that the kitchen team are fully prepared, stocked and set for service
- To be responsible for the performance of the whole kitchen team and the delivery of quality food in the absence of the head chef
- live-in available
- up to £32,000 Salary
- • Family and Friends discounts in hotels across The QHotels Collection
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year • Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
Please apply for a confidential chat about the role…