We’re delighted to be recruiting for a Restaurant Manager on behalf of an award venue in Newcastle.
This is a crucial role which oversees the daily operations of the restaurant and ensuring it’s success. Main responsibilities will include managing a team, maintaining quality customer service and overseeing financial aspects of the restaurant.
- Effective management of the restaurants booking system, including group bookings, pre-orders and special occasions.
- Deliver agreed sales and profitability targets
- Support the department with interaction in the restaurants social media platforms to promote and develop the venue following the organisations social media policy.
- Team management including cost effective planning of resources using costed rotas and manage the recruitment, team’s performance, development and training.
- Responsibility for verifying daily takings and ensuring cash up sheets are completed correctly including and voucher or account sales.
- Deliver a safe place to work according to the Health and Safety Policy including alcohol sales management – Challenge 25 policy
- Deliver a food safe environment in accordance with the Food Safety Policy including management of the due diligence documentation and allergen process.
- Collaborate with chefs/other managers to develop and update menus, taking into consideration customer preferences/time of year and cost effectiveness.
- Management of customer reviews and feedback, monitoring and responding as appropriate and actioning where needed.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a comparable role
- The ability to lead a team effectively, supporting inclusivity and developing employees within their roles
- The ability to communicate across a range of mediums both within the team and with different departments within the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify issues and problems as they arise
- The ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions to often complex issues.
- The capacity to manage multiple priorities, often with competing deadlines, to successful conclusions
- The capacity to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business
- Excellent planning and organising ability.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role and an understanding of the importance of delivering an excellent level of service.
- The capacity to challenge and to initiate difficult conversations when needed.
- An understanding of budgeting and forecasting in a catering environment
- The ability to build positive relationships across teams and ensure everyone is working towards the same goal
- The ability to work in a values driven organisation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year