We are delighted to be recruiting for a HR Assistant for a luxury retail store nestled in the heart of Pitlochry.
About the venue:
Renowned as Scotland’s most prestigious country store set in the Highlands of Scotland half an hour north of Perth. No trip to Scotland is complete without a visit to The Home of Country Clothing which offers a unique variety of shopping opportunities rolled into one.
About the role:
To support the HR manager in the delivery of all HR processes, procedures and projects. Ensuring that all administration linked to the HR department is completed and up to date. To be a point of contact for all staff, heads of department and managers, providing generalist support on a range of operational HR areas.
Recruitment, Selection and Induction
- Assisting HR in creating job adverts by gathering information from managers.
- Advertising vacancies on all job boards and agencies.
- Forwarding applications to Managers for consideration.
- Arranging interviews by liaising with manages and the applicant.
- Gather feedback from interviews and communicating the decision to decline or offer to the applicant.
- Liaise with managers to prepare for inductions.
- Communicating employee health issues to management and first aiders when appropriate.
- Notifying managers of any absence.
- Ensure managers follow the return to work process.
- Record return to work interview forms
- Identify absence issues, gather all information and present it to HR Manager and relevant Department Manager.
Learning and Development
- Arrange external training when required.
- Assist with developing the HR function.
- Promote own personal and professional development, attend training courses as required and lead by example
- Present potential HR opportunities to HR Team.
Standards and Behaviour
- Promote the highest professional standards and behaviours within the business at all times through own actions and attitudes.
- Ensure that telephones are answered in a timely manner and in-line with the Telephone Training policy for both external and internal calls.
- Prepare documentation for meetings.
- Update and maintain HR Diary.
- CIPD qualified or working towards a qualification – desirable not essential.
- Polite, friendly and approachable manner, well presented, leads by example.
- To possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- High degree of numeracy and literacy with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Clear thinking and logical approach to problem solving with the ability to work within a fast paced changeable environment
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a larger team to assist with facilitating change management