Hotel & Wedding Venue General Manager – Live In Availablepermanent
Full Job Description
A hotel in the heart of Berwick-Upon-Tweed is looking for an experienced General Manager.
This stunning venue in Berwick-Upon-Tweed wishes to recruit a General Manager for this well positioned 3* multi revenue property. A great opportunity to manage a property boasting 26 well-appointed bedrooms, cocktail bar, restaurant, function suite for up to 300, a separate conferencing wing servicing popular events, weddings and conferences.
A successful candidate will have excellent business acumen, capable of maximising all revenue channels, can demonstrate excellent leadership capabilities along with exceptional communication skills. The role is both hands on and sales focused. Future plans for the hotel are to introduce a 20 bedroom executive floor with its own access via our passenger lifts.
With our newly refurbished event space almost ready to launch we are keen for candidates who have experience in event coordination and operations. Sales experience would be preferred but not essential. You would be responsible for driving sales of the events spaces, managing marketing budgets and organising the team from an operational standpoint.
Qualifications for this role:
-Have experience as a general manager in a similar sized operation or larger.
-Have minimum experience of 3 years as a hotel manager, director of sales or operations manager in a larger hotel operation.
Main roles and responsibilities:
· Responsible for maximising revenue.
· Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
· Manages labour standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom-line profit.
· Explains and manages financial activities.
· Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved the director.
· Works with all staff to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, event space hire, taking reservations and compiling reports.
· Make sales calls as outlined by the Management Team.
· Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase hotel’s visibility within the local market.
· Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
· Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property.
· Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
· Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
· Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
· Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
· Adheres to employment related laws and regulations.
· Human Resources: performance reviews, prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation, conducts performance related hearings.
· Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
· Mentors and develops employees where possible.
· Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
Please send you CV, a covering letter and salary expectations to the email provided
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£42,000.00 per year