Hotel Sous Chefpermanent
Adkins & Cheurfi are delighted to be recruiting an experienced Sous Chef for a busy hotel in Gateshead. Offering a fantastic opportunity for work/life balance. You would be working 40 hours, spread over 4 days out of 7.
Responsible for running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef, ensuring paperwork is completed, organisation of the department and sufficient stock levels. You will also help control food costs and achieving gross profit targets (including monitoring waste), ensuring processes are in place to achieve high standards of cleanliness.
You will need to have exceptional interpersonal skills and a good attention to detail. You will demonstrate effective leadership and management skills by coaching, inspiring and motivating the team.
- Previous Sous experience is essential – minimum of x2 years
- Ability to deputise for the Head Chef
- A strong understanding of the ordering process and the importance of stock control
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of Health & Safety within a Kitchen, including but not limited to COSHH, HACCP and Risk Assessments
- Hold the appropriate Food Hygiene Certificate from within the last three years
- Provide own knives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with management, team members in a professional manner
- Be a team player as well as an individual worker
- To be well presented and represent a high standard of competence at all times
- Must have transport Benefits
- Support provided from the Head Chef
- Training & development provided
- Progression opportunities
Get in touch today for a confidential chat!