A great opportunity has arisen for a head chef in a busy educational facility in Gateshead. This is a temp to perm position which requires you to work 35 hours per week, 7am-2.30pm, term time only. You will be responsible for planning and deliver healthy, nutritious menus to 1,300 students on a weekly basis across two on-site canteens.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan nutritious menus on a four-week rotation in line with government guidelines.
- Serve breakfast and lunch for students and faculty members.
- Lead an effective team to ensure a smooth running of kitchen and serving area.
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and maintain food safety practices.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen and surrounding area.
- Order, rotate and manage stock.
- Communicate effectively with other departments.
- Motivate and lead your team on a daily basis.
The successful head chef candidate will:
- Have been successful in a similar role for at least two years.
- Be willing to pass a DBS check.
- Be a great communicator both verbally and literally with good IT skills.
- Be proactive with a driven and energetic approach to their work.
- Have exceptional organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Be a real team player with superb interpersonal skills.
The benefits of this position include onsite parking, excellent working hours and all school holidays off work. As a temp to perm appointment, you would work on a temporary contract before being offered a permanent contract if suitable.
If you think that you are the right head chef to make the difference in this Gateshead school then call today: