General Manager – Boutique Hotelpermanent
Adkins & Cheurfi Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a talented, hospitality focussed General Manager for a historic destination hotel and restaurant on the Isle of Skye – This family-run hotel offers warm fires, relaxed comfort, Highland hospitality and spectacular food. Welcoming guests from around the globe, they provide them with an escape that is as unpretentious as it is luxurious.
Their close-knit team is made up of a great mix of individual characters, whose own personalities shine; all sharing one thing: a passion for offering our guests an extraordinary experience with warmth, service and a true love for hospitality that drives us all each day.
Subsidised Accommodation provided (Own house with Garden)
2% Profit Bonus Yearly
Discounted stays throughout Scotland
Who You Are
This role is perfect for a people person who takes pride in their work and brings a true passion to (and love for) hospitality and warm service. The ideal candidate is:
· An experienced hotel & restaurant manager
· Genuinely passionate about food – They are committed to sustainable, seasonal food that is locally sourced and are looking for someone who shares that enthusiasm
· Able to think on their feet and problem solve on the go and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and be a hands-on manager
· Commercially savvy with keen attention to detail
· Creative, pragmatic, flexible and adaptable working mindset
· A collaborative person who enjoys working as part of a team
· Someone who is keen to live on and share their love for the Isle of Skye, one of the most magical places on earth
· Above all, someone who is driven by a desire to bring care and warmth to hospitality.
Like at many hotels, no two days are alike – the role will be as diverse as their business & delightful guests. This role involves a great deal of flexibility, adaptability, quick thinking and problem solving.
As one of two General Managers, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of all front-of-house and guest-facing activities, liaising with our office, kitchen and housekeeping teams behind the scenes to ensure each person who comes through our door has a memorable experience and can’t wait to return.
Fundamentally, as General Manager you will focus on the happiness, wellbeing and satisfaction of their people: both guests and team members equally. In order to do this, the role will include the following responsibilities:
· Welcoming and hosting each guest, treating them with the utmost care and warmth – that may involve everything from ensuring their dietary requirements are respected to sharing with them the best activities to do on the Isle of Skye
· Managing the three heads of department, but working closely across the whole team to ensure alignment and smooth running of the overall business
· Preparing for and overseeing dinner service – our menu changes daily, so this requires managing the restaurant-to-kitchen process as well as looking after guests and staff
· Daily troubleshooting and problem solving
· Maintaining commercial awareness and sensibility –everything from driving sales to understanding where efficiencies can be created
· Support our bespoke events, such as weddings, from planning to execution
· Act as a thought partner to the company Director, providing ideas and strategic thinking to keep us future-proof, particularly during this evolving time in the hospitality business
It is expected that the right person will be able to evolve and develop this role to encompass greater responsibility and incentivised compensation along with the growth of our business.
Email a CV to email@example.com & I will be in touch!