Catering Manager sought for permanent position with an expanding national contract catering company. Monday – Friday, no weekends, 40 hours per week.
We are recruiting on behalf of a large contract catering client for an experienced Catering Manager with a demonstrable history of leading large teams across a multi site operation, consistently delivering excellent results at the highest levels. We are interested in hearing from candidates with experience across a multitude of sectors, including B&I, education and off shore.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for successfully recruiting, training and shaping a large team of chefs and catering assistants within a given time frame, with support from the area management team.
- You will be responsible for implementing all health and safety procedures, including risk assessments, SOP’s and scheduling Food Safety, Allergen and COSHH training etc….
- You will budget and plan a series of nutritious and appealing menus for service users in line with company spending forecasts.
- You will build relationships with key suppliers to ensure smooth operations.
- You will be responsible for the daily overseeing of catering operations across four food outlets.
The right candidate….
- Will be a strong, confident leader with excellent management skills.
- Will have Level 3 NVQ in Professional Cookery or equivalent.
- Will have minimum 5 years experience in a relevant role.
- Will be a motivated and enthusiastic catering professional with an interest in developing and moulding a successful new outlet.
- Will have an excellent working knowledge of all health, safety and legal regulations pertinent to the role.
- Will have strong sense of business acumen with the ability to adhere to given budgets whilst maximising GP and still delivering an high quality offering.
Perks of the job:
- Excellent salary with bonus structure in place for successfully hitting key targets
- The autonomy to shape and build your own team
- A wealth of support from experienced area management personnel
- Extensive training in company policies and procedures
- Scope for progression within a growing company
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
If you are an experienced Catering Manager and you think you possess the know how, leadership qualities and work ethic to do a great job then we would love to hear from you.