We are recruiting a Stock Coordinator on a temporary 3-month contract lasting until the end of Dec 2023 in central Newcastle. Hours (7am-1pm) Monday to Friday.
Ensuring the provision of high quality goods, supporting value for money food for customers in Event Catering, Conferencing, Retail Grab ‘n’ Go and Restaurants. Reporting to the Admin & Finance Team Leader, the post holder will have responsibility for control of goods, ensuring that they are of the correct type, quality and quantity and delivered in accordance with service policies.
- To maintain stock levels through ordering all goods as required e.g. food, drink, consumables etc. to ensure provision of a high quality catering service to meet the needs of customers
- To receive all incoming goods ensuring they are of the correct type, quality and quantity and delivered in accordance with service policies. To take remedial action where this is not the case e.g. notify suppliers and line manager of short deliveries, refuse delivery where product does not meet standards.
- Undertake all aspects of stock control e.g. ensuring goods are promptly stored in the correct designated location, manner and at the correct temperature and stock rotation and stock takes are carried out at the end of each month to maintain quality, minimise wastage and safeguard from theft.
- Supervise the daily activities of the General Assistants including the assignment of tasks liaising with colleagues to ensure provision of assistance when required (if applicable to work location.)
- Report any irregularities or concerns with stored items immediately to line manager e.g. decaying food, evidence of pests in accordance with food hygiene legislation and service policies and procedures.
Candidates will have/should be:
- Must be able to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- High level of IT literacy in Microsoft Office packages
- Up-to-date knowledge of legislation in relation to Food Hygiene, HACCP and Health and Safety.
- Planning, organisational and numerical skills • Good oral/written communication skills
- Experience of specialist software (Saffron, Kinetics, EPOS Systems).
- Proven planning and organising abilities.
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Food Safety for Caterers Level 2 Certificate.
- NVQ2 Warehousing and Distribution • Food Safety for Caterers Level 3 Certificate
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not exhaustive or comprehensive. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: £11.00 per hour