Job Title: Residential Chef
North East England, Tyne and Wear, Newcastle upon Tyne
Permanent, expected to work Full-Time hours
Travel, Leisure, Tourism and Hospitality
£24,666 – £24,665 per annum
Company Branding: Currently recruiting a chef for a residential home in Newcastle. The role is 37.5 hours a week and is £24,666k a year. They are looking for somebody willing to interact with the residents and have a little management skill in the kitchen.
- Prepare and cook meals for residents in a residential home.
- Create menus that cater to the dietary needs and preferences of the residents.
- Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented to a high standard.
- Manage kitchen operations, including inventory control, ordering supplies, and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Interact with residents, taking their feedback and requests into consideration.
- Supervise and train kitchen staff, ensuring they adhere to food safety and preparation guidelines.
- Monitor food quality and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Collaborate with other staff members to plan and coordinate special events or themed meals.
- Stay updated on current culinary trends and techniques to continuously enhance the dining experience for residents.
- NVQ Cooking qualification or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in food hygiene and safety.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a chef in a professional kitchen.
- Experience in cooking for individuals with dietary restrictions or special needs.
- Experience in menu planning and costing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong culinary skills and knowledge of various cooking techniques.
- Ability to create nutritious and flavorful meals.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of food quality and presentation.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with residents, staff, and suppliers.
- Basic management skills to oversee kitchen operations and supervise staff.
- Additional certifications or qualifications in culinary arts or hospitality management.
- Experience working in a residential care or healthcare setting.
- The chef will primarily work in a kitchen environment within a residential home.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays, depending on the needs of the residents.
- Physical stamina and the ability to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects, and work in a fast-paced environment.