Relief Chefs – York
Relief Chefs – York – Temporary ongoing work – Immediate Start
Adkins & Cheurfi are currently looking for relief chefs at CDP level and above with experience in quality, fresh food kitchens to work in a York City Centre restaurant. Employed PAYE you will earn £11 per hour + Holiday pay and will work a minimum of 40+ hours per week so can expect to earn in excess of £26000 per year.
As well as this location we have various clients including some of the top pubs, hotels, restaurants, and event venues across the North East and Yorkshire.
Duties may include:
- Producing quality fresh food under the direction of the head chef
- Food prep
- Setting up and closing down on site
- Following all food safety guidelines
- Directing junior members of the kitchen team
- Stock control
- Have at least 2 years of experience at CDP level or above in a fresh food kitchen
- Possess chef whites and knives
- Have the means to get to and from your place of work
- Be a team player with a good working attitude and a strong work ethic
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be a good communicator
- Have a recent Food Hygiene Certificate dated within the last 3 years or be willing to complete one
- Have a recent Allergen Certificate dated within the last 3 years or be willing to complete one
- Choose your shifts
- Get paid for every hour worked
- Get the opportunity to work alongside some of the region’s top professionals
- Staff incentives
- Temp to perm opportunities for the right candidates
This work may suit a chef who is looking for a better work-life balance, a chef looking for a change from working in the same hotel/restaurant kitchen week in, week out or a chef looking to gain a better insight into how other kitchens work before taking their next permanent role. A lot of clients are based in rural areas so having your own means of travel is essential.
If you believe that this line of work may be perfect for you or are even just interested in finding out more information about the type of work we can offer, send in your CV today.