We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Kitchen Manager to join our team at a well-established establishment in Whitley Bay, North East England. As a Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, ensuring the highest standards of food preparation and delivery are maintained.
- Manage and coordinate all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, and presentation
- Supervise and train kitchen staff, ensuring they adhere to health and safety regulations and maintain cleanliness standards
- Create and update menus based on seasonal availability, customer preferences, and cost considerations
- Order and manage inventory of food and kitchen supplies, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained
- Monitor food quality and presentation, addressing any issues or concerns promptly
- Collaborate with the front-of-house team to ensure smooth service and timely delivery of meals
- Implement and enforce kitchen policies and procedures to optimise efficiency and productivity
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure compliance with food hygiene and safety standards
- Handle customer feedback and complaints related to the kitchen, taking appropriate actions to resolve any issues
- Stay updated with industry trends and innovations to continuously improve the kitchen operations
- Proven experience as a Kitchen Manager or similar role in a busy hospitality environment
- Excellent knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and hygiene practises
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional kitchen environment, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking techniques, and menu planning
- Familiarity with relevant kitchen equipment and tools
- Proficiency in managing inventory and controlling food costs
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks effectively
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Culinary or hospitality degree
- Additional certifications in food safety and hygiene
- Experience working with diverse cuisines
- Knowledge of local suppliers and seasonal produce
The Kitchen Manager position is a full-time, permanent role. The work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and public holidays. The role involves working in a fast-paced and demanding kitchen environment, where standing for extended periods and lifting heavy objects may be required.
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000 per annum
Benefits: Tips, Wednesday – Sunday shifts up until Easter then service changes to 5 out of 7 until Oct.