Head Pastry Chef
Head Pastry Chef – Newcastle
Adkins & Cheurfi are working in partnership with a brand new, multi-site opening, based on the North East coast, as they search for a Head Pastry Chef to manage the operation.
Reporting to the Operational Head Chef, our Client is looking for an experienced Head Pastry Chef, preferably with multi-site experience, to oversee the development and running of the venture. The venue has a number of different outlets most notably a fine dining restaurant, a steak and seafood restaurant, a tearoom, conference and banqueting, champagne bar and ice cream/waffle house.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business at the point of opening and become part of our client’s huge success in the coming years.
- Leading and coaching a team of 3 pastry chefs
- Management of multi-site facilities and quality standards
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Ensure that produced pastry adheres to quality and specification standards
- Team evaluation and development
- Meet hygiene, quality and safety requirements
- Preparation and calculation of pastry recipes and costs
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Proven experience as Head Pastry Chef, preferably with Multi-site experience
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten-free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
For more information, please contact the team today