Head Chef – Harrogatepermanent
We are looking for a talented Head Chef for an exciting new addition to the Harrogate Italian dining scene.
The venue will be providing a quality offering from breakfast and brunch through to evening dining in the 100 cover restaurant and 60 cover lounge. With additional banqueting facilities for 180, this role is definitely suited to someone with experience of running a high volume Italian dining operation or from a busy hotel background.
The remuneration and package for this role are exceptional and reflects the quality and level of this brand.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the operation of this busy and varied kitchen
- Recruit, train, mentor and lead a team of skilled chefs
- Working closely with the management team front and back of house
- Ensuring all dishes are prepared in line with company standards and SOPs
- Managing budgets, costing and waste control
- Knowledge sharing and feeding into group menu development
- Implementing health and safety procedures and ensuring they are being followed by the team at all times
- GP control for maximum profit
- Administrative responsibility for team records, health and safety compliance, stock taking and other brand requirements
- Stock ordering in line with costs and profit margins
- Communication up the line to HR, Operational management and Restaurant support teams where appropriate
- 55 hours per week
- Strong proven background in a head chef role
- High volume operational experience
- Previous Italian dining exposure
- Hotel experience would be preferred but not essential
- Must have own transport
- “Can do” attitude with good leadership qualities
- Reliable with an excellent work ethic
- Previous responsibility for costs and profit margins
- Team Player
If you are looking for a stable and successful career working for an established, growing company, apply today.