Head Chef Required Lake District
Salary: £70,000 per year
Accommodation: 3 months of free accommodation
Location: Bowness on Windermere
Join the adventure!
Our client is a leading hospitality company in the Lake District that is looking for a talented head chef to join their extraordinary business. With a portfolio of 5 brands – from luxury boutique accommodation to a range of bars and restaurants, they are offering five-star service, lake views, and excellent food.
The adventure pack!
- Relocation package.
- Free meals all year.
- Free uniform.
- Discounts within their venues.
- Local discount on activities.
- Carbon zero aspiring employer.
- Mental health support network.
- End of year staff blow-out party.
Head Chef Role
As a Head Chef, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- To ensure food production, standards are carried out in a timely fashion.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen.
- Compiling weekly food orders.
- Preparing the kitchen for external stock counts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is adhered to.
- Hands-on with prep, inventory, running service, and creating menus.
- To ensure that high standards of kitchen hygiene are maintained.
- Undertake daily checks of the kitchen HACCP & file weekly.
- Monitoring portion and waste control.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the kitchen.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Pan-Asian or Pacific Rim cuisine is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure whilst following dish specifications & standards.
- Preparing, cooking, and presenting high-quality dishes within the specialty section.
- Able to create menu items, and recipes, and develop dishes.
- The management of everyday health and safety compliance & risk assessments.
- Competent level of English spoken and written.
- Competent level of Computer skills & budget/Gross Profit experience.
- Knowledge and ability to run a full & busy kitchen Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to manage effectively the whole brigade
- Team & time management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you.
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Team player qualities.
- Comfortable with being on camera (they love to celebrate our staff and shout about what we are doing on social media, so we are always looking for volunteers to hog the limelight).