Our client is a stunning hotel in the Lake District that is looking for a talented Head Chef to join their extraordinary business. With luxury boutique accommodation to a range of bars and restaurants,
they are offering five-star service and excellent food.
* Temporary Accomodation avalible.
* Free meals on duty.
* Free uniform.
* Discounts within their venues.
* Local discount on activities.
* Mental health support network.
Head Chef Role and Responsibilities
As a Head Chef, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
* To ensure food production, standards are carried out in a timely fashion.
* To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen.
* Compiling weekly food orders.
* Preparing the kitchen for external stock counts.
* To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required.
* To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is adhered to.
* Hands-on with prep, inventory, running service, and creating menus.
* To ensure that high standards of kitchen hygiene are maintained.
* Undertake daily checks of the kitchen HACCP & file weekly.
* Monitoring portion and waste control.
* Overseeing the maintenance of the kitchen.
* At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
* Cooking a upmarket a la carte menu
* Ability to work under pressure whilst following dish specifications & standards.
* Preparing, cooking, and presenting high-quality dishes within the specialty section.
* Able to create menu items, and recipes, and develop dishes.
* The management of everyday health and safety compliance & risk assessments.
* Competent level of English spoken and written.
* Competent level of Computer skills & budget/Gross Profit experience.
* Knowledge and ability to run a full & busy kitchen Ability to work without close supervision.
* Ability to manage effectively the whole brigade
* Team & time management skills.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Good level of numeracy.
* Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you.
* Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
* Positive and approachable manner.
* Team player qualities.