General Manager required for superb location
General manager required for fine dining restaurant at impressive Yorkshire hotel.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a prestigious hotel located in York, North Yorkshire. The client is a historic venue, combining traditional Yorkshire comfort with a modern, cosmopolitan approach to hospitality. This is mirrored in their AA rosette restaurant which offers a contemporary twist on classic Yorkshire cuisine. The award-winning kitchen team are currently on course to secure the restaurant’s first Michelin star which is a testament to the impeccable standards expected here. Alongside this superb restaurant, the hotel also boasts a gem of a tearoom, delivering the definitive afternoon tea.
Alongside a competitive salary, live in accommodation is also available on site. The initial placement will be temporary with a permanent role on offer should the candidate prove satisfactory.
This will be a demanding position for an experienced General Manager. The successful candidate will need to:
- have previous experience in a similar role
- extensive knowledge of fine dining cuisine
- extensive knowledge of fine wines and premium beverages
- a proven track record in customer service
- be smart and presentable
- be a positive and resilient individual
- be a perfectionist with an outstanding eye for detail
- have the ability to work to the highest standards under pressure
If you are an extraordinary General Manager looking to build your reputation in an extraordinary restaurant then please get in touch.