General Catering Assistants needed
General Catering Assistants – Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Darlington
Due to a recent increase in demand we are expanding our team of General Catering Assistants to support kitchens in schools, nurseries, care homes and other properties. If you have experience in the catering industry, are available for shifts throughout the week and have the means to get from job to job then read on…
What does the role entail?
- Basic food prep such as chopping fruit and veg, preparing salads and sandwiches and assisting the chef as required.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the kitchen and serving area.
- Washing dishes and pots.
- Removing waste.
- Replenishing stock.
- You may be required to serve food on a counter.
- You may be required to handle cash.
Why should I apply?
- Have the freedom to work the days convenient for you in either short term or ongoing assignments.
- Gain work experience in your chosen industry.
- Get paid weekly direct in to your bank.
- Free uniform.
- Free onsite parking for most assignments.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Staff incentives
- Either have an up to date or be willing to complete a DBS.
- Have at least one years experience in the catering industry.
- Be a team player who hits the ground running.
- Have or be willing to complete your food hygiene and allergen certificate.
- Be contactable by phone.
- Be able to get to and from work without any problems.
This role would suit a general catering assistant beginning their career or a seasoned catering professional looking to work reduced hours.