Creative Chef needed
Creative Chef needed for ongoing summer contract, Mon-Fri
Our client is a vibrant, modern cafe renowned for their to die for homemade cakes, scones and desserts. Housed inside a historic museum overlooking the quaint market town of Barnard Castle, this property attracts diners from far and wide. It has an excellent reputation for both food and service and they require a talented chef to become part of the team until the end of the Summer. This is a rare vacancy in a beautiful location with sociable hours and the freedom to express your creative flair as a chef. Typical working hours will be 8am-5pm though you may be asked to assist in food production for weddings and events held at the museum.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Delivering high quality, fresh, tasty food to order on a daily basis
- Producing cakes, scones and desserts to delight customers
- Working alongside the existing kitchen team to ensure the smooth running of the cafe.
- Adhering to all health and safety guidelines, keeping records as appropriate.
- Opening and closing procedures as required
- Assisting the kitchen team in the production of food for weddings and other events held at the museum.
The successful creative chef will be:
- Experienced in a similar environment for at least two years
- A dab hand at producing delicious cakes and pastries
- A creative chef who takes an interest in modern cafe cuisine
- Competent in all areas of COSHH and HACCAP
- A real team player with excellent attention to detail
- Able to travel to and from work independantly
- Available to work full time hours until September
What can you expect in return?
- Work in an enviable location with a fantastic reputation
- Creative freedom
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- Ongoing training
- Staff incentives
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
- Sociable hours
If you think that you are a creative chef with the right experience and expertise then please do not delay. Apply today.