Chef de Partiepermanent
Adkins & Cheurfi are searching for a Chef de Partie to work in a city centre hotel based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
What are we looking for?
We are always looking for the right people, for the right role to come & join us. Whether you’re brilliant at baking, the best at breakfast or new to the industry. We are looking for people with personality & a passion for cooking. If you are keen, interested, and excited about cooking ,we would love to hear from you.
Fern boast menu’s which are is straightforward; flavoursome, classics, cooked from the heart. The atmosphere promises to be relaxed and friendly but has a passionate attention to detail. No gimmicks, no fuss; just a genuinely warm welcome and an invitation to indulge. Serving; breakfast, afternoon tea, all day dining, a la carte dinner & Sunday lunch.
- Have good organisational skills and comfortable working in a pressured environment.
- Follow and manage all HACCAP procedures with the kitchen management team
- To ensure the training and standards are always kept
- Run an organised efficient clean section
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production, presentation standards.
- To uphold the team SOP’s given to you
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Jesmond Dene House standard
- To be aware of up to date modern trends and be “industry aware”
Why should you work with us?
- Continual on the job training to learn new skills, develop and improve & help gain promotion.
- Gratuities in addition to salary.
- Two, exciting and seasonal meals per day whilst on duty.
- 50% Discount on food in Fern, for your friends and family.
- Heavily discounted staff rate on accommodation.
- Friends & family rate on accommodation.
- Discounted Gym Day passes available for use at David Lloyd Gyms.
- Company Pension.
- Additional annual leave for long service.
- Branded uniform supplied.
- Monthly employee award
- Staff referral scheme
Our kitchen is somewhere to nurture & grow your talent, we offer a supportive, learning environment which helps our team grow, personally & professionally. We are incredibly proud of what we achieve, every day. We understand that the success of our kitchen relies, entirely on the success of our chefs. We make it a priority in supporting chefs outside competition such as the National Chef of the Year, Craft Guild of Chefs Graduate award programme. Over time we have seen staff members promoted from kitchen porter through to sous chef, staying with us for over 10 years.