Care Home Relief Chef
Due to a recent boom in demand we are now expanding our team of experienced relief chefs to work in the care sector. We supply care homes in Sunderland, Chester le Street, Newcastle and Durham with relief chefs to step in and keep the kitchen running to a high standard during absence among the existing team.
If you have a valid DBS, two years experience and you are looking for flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle then read on…
Duties and responsibilities of a care home relief chef:
- Produce breakfast, lunch and dinner for residents and staff from a rotation menu, taking into account soft food requirements, personal preferences and all dietary requirements.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules, complete records and maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Communicate with care staff to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Delegate to kitchen assistants as appropriate.
- Complete prep and organise well for upcoming shifts.
Skills you will have:
- You will have previous care home cooking experience and will be familiar with the systems in place such as COSHH and HACCAP
- You will have an NVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery
- You will possess whites, knives and the means to travel to and from work on time and independently
- You will have a valid DBS certificate
- You will be a quick thinker with the ability to hit the ground running and work under pressure
Perks of the job:
- Career advice 24/7
- Excellent rates of pay – get paid for every hour you work, weekly
- Free uniform
- Free parking
- Free refresher training
- Holiday pay
If you think that this role as care home relief chef would suit you then please apply today for an immediate interview.