Business Relief Chef
Business Relief Chef – needed to cover Darlington, Middlesbrough and Stockton
We are seeking experienced Business and Industrial chefs to work temporary assignments at various clients across Teesside and County Durham. Typical shifts are 7am-3pm, weekdays (though some weekends can occasionally be required). Our clients include contract catering sites, schools and private hospitals.
- produce high volume, good quality, tasty meals for a large workforce/residential body
- take responsibility for meeting deadlines and delegating tasks to kitchen assistants
- some sites require the chef to serve behind a counter
- ensuring all health and safety records are maintained
- ensuring all stock is properly managed
- maintaining high standards of cleanliness and orderliness in the kitchen and storage areas
- have experience at chef level for a minimum of two years in the B&I, care or education sector
- be able to travel to and from work independently and punctually
- be a good communicator
- have excellent people skills
- be smart in appearance with immaculate whites/blacks
- have a thorough working knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
- DBS desirable
Relief work pays you for every hour spent in the kitchen unlike a fixed chef salary. You can gain an insight into new kitchens without committing to a permanent role. Business/industrial and care chefs work more sociable hours with evenings free. Sites provide free parking. We pay holiday pay and have excellent staff incentives running year round.
If you are interested in the role of Business Relief Chef then we look forward to receiving your application.