Adkins & Cheurfi Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a passionate bar manager for a beautiful venue in the world’s finest Whisky region
We are currently looking for a knowledgeable and passionate Bar Manager at our busy Inn, working in an exciting environment, in an area that’s like no other!
40 hours per week. On site minimum 4 days, 25h minimum behind the bar
28 days holiday, including bank holidays
Start date ASAP subject to experience & references
About the Inn
The Inn is a welcoming, quaint riverside pub, oozing with history. Situated on the outskirts of the picturesque Speyside village of Craigellachie, by the River Fiddich, the pub has attracted visitors from far and wide for many years. Built in 1842, very little has changed since.
We are looking for an experienced, hard working Bar Manager who will be responsible for the day to day running of the Inn, as well as looking for ways to make it even better including – but not limited to :
carrying out bar shifts, supervision of premises and staff, stock ordering, and driving the premises forward to increase custom.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thinks ahead, observes the condition of the Inn and ensures the establishment works as smoothly as possible. Not only this, but someone who loves the thrill of giving great service to your guests and who loves the joy of making people happy with great hospitality!
Part of the role includes helping with the smooth running of the accompanying 2 bedroom cottage attached to the Inn. Making sure that guests are welcomed and deal with any requests guests may have during their stay.
Key responsibilities include:
● Handling day-to-day operations, managing resources, and employees, and creating a safe, fun environment for staff and patrons.
● You will also manage inventory, maintain stock levels and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits, whilst delivering first class customer experience.
● Ensure all health, safety and hygiene regulations are applied in relevant areas and adhered to
● Working closely with the existing Assistant Manager on stock checks
● To present a positive image of the Inn by being polite, friendly and helpful to all visitors.
● Being present on site a minimum of 4 days per weeks, spending a minimum of 25 hours behind the bar
● Flexible schedule
● On-site parking
● Previous experience is essential.
● Enthusiastic and hardworking
● Committed to customer satisfaction
● Ability to work under pressure during busy periods
● Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
● Possess excellent communication skills
● Be punctual and reliable
● Have a proactive attitude
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberlour, Moray: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
For more information please email Hester at Hester@adkinscheurfi.co.uk
For more exciting job opportunities please follow the links below!