We are searching for a Sous Chef to work in a superb setting and famous establishment in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Working with fresh food and cooking to Michelin Star standard this is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside one of the North Easts most well know, and respected Head Chefs in the region.
Offering an excellent salary and company benefits the ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience at Sous or Senior CDP level previously.
Sous Chef responsibilities –
- Supporting the head chef in the general running of the kitchen.
- Managing the kitchen staff, including setting the rota, and handling disciplinary and HR issues in the absence of the head chef.
- Leading a team of chefs in cooking and preparing meals, including checking food quality and overseeing cooking techniques.
- Taking responsibility for more technical elements of cuisine.
- Training junior chefs.
- Onboarding new employees.
- Designing / helping the head chef to create food and drink menus.
- Working within specified budgets.
- Completing food hygiene documents to comply with the law and writing environmental health reports when necessary.
- Establishing strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including managers and front of house teams.
- Deputising for the head chef in their absence.
- Being the voice of the kitchen when communicating with waiters and bar staff.
- Supervising all food preparation.
If you are interested in the role please contact the team today