The Auckland Project are looking to hire an enthusiastic Sous Chef to join their passionate team across catering outlets, including their central production kitchen and Spanish restaurant. This exciting and diverse role could involve anything from producing goods in house to supply to their catering outlets or events to cooking in front of visitors in restaurants. You will be using fresh, locally sourced ingredients, including produce from our own Walled Garden. This role will be partially customer facing, and will require a calm and pleasant person.
They also offer 30 days annual leave per annum. Christmas day 2022 we will be closed. You will be working 48 hours per week on a 4 day on/3 day off shift pattern.
- Be able to manage an operational kitchen and ensure that standards are met
- Smart, well presented and be capable of remaining calm whilst under pressure
- Ensure the correct rotation of food produced to maintain a high standard of food quality
- Maintain all food safety and COSHH paperwork
- Carry out all cleaning duties allocated in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Working effectively and efficiently and ensuring kitchen is tidy at all times
- Work with a sense of urgency and with attention to detail
- Full awareness for all menu items, recipes, allergens, and presentation standards
- Work within specified processes around our stock management and EPOS solution, ensuring that all information is up to date and that all processes are completed on a day to day basis
- Be committed to good heath and safety and access practice, ensuring familiarity and compliance with TAP policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Aware of the health and safety of visitors, staff, volunteers and contractors at all times.
Requirements and skills:
- At least three years’ experience in similar position
- Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Managerial or supervisory experience
- Experience of writing menus
- A detailed working knowledge of health and safety requirements in relation to a catering environment
- Knowledge of stock management and inventory and cost management
- Logistics management experience
- Ability to multi task, work under pressure and confidently fix problems as they arise
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional, hard working with an enthusiastic approach to learning. Be driven and not be afraid of hard work
- Exhibit pride in performance and possess high standards
- Good personal hygiene
- Basic knife skills essential
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Food safety level 2
- Understanding logistics
- Understanding of transporting food
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a passionate and driven team. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to the delivery of exceptional hospitality; making you a part of an organisation dedicated to the regeneration, conservation, and celebration of Bishop Auckland.
If you are an experienced sous chef and are interested, apply now for immediate review.