We’re delighted to be recruiting for a restaurant manager on behalf of an iconic venue in Alnwick.
‘An experienced and dynamic Restaurant Manager is required to lead the front of house team delivering excellent customer service, as we work towards providing an outstanding food experience.’
- 40 hours per week (5 over 7)
- Evening services only 3 out of 7 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- No split shifts
- Tips in addition to salary worth circa £5K per annum
- 33 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays and Christmas Day)
The Restaurant Manager will lead the successful delivery of all aspects of the Restaurant customer journey, including Weddings and Events actively supporting and working with the events team;
- Effective management of the restaurants booking system, including group bookings, pre-orders and special occasions.
- Deliver agreed sales and profitability targets
- Support the department with interaction in the restaurants social media platforms to promote and develop the venue following the organisations social media policy.
- Manages all orders and deliveries ensuring adequate but not excessive stock levels and carry out an accurate monthly stock take to ensure positive financial results.
- Team management including cost effective planning of resources using costed rotas and manage the recruitment, team’s performance, development and training.
- Responsibility for verifying daily takings and ensuring cash up sheets are completed correctly including and voucher or account sales. Ensure the EPOS system is accurate and up to date and the team are inputting correctly
- Deliver a safe place to work according to the Health and Safety Policy including alcohol sales management – Challenge 25 policy
- Deliver a food safe environment in accordance with the Food Safety Policy including management of the due diligence documentation and allergen process.
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team to ensure we always deliver excellent service levels.
- Management of customer reviews and feedback, monitoring and responding as appropriate and actioning where needed.
The successful candidate will have
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a comparable role
- The ability to lead a team effectively, supporting inclusivity and developing employees within their roles
- The ability to communicate across a range of mediums both within the team and with different departments within the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify issues and problems as they arise
- The ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions to often complex issues.
- The capacity to manage multiple priorities, often with competing deadlines, to successful conclusions
- The capacity to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business
- Excellent planning and organising ability.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role and an understanding of the importance of delivering an excellent level of service.
- The capacity to challenge and to initiate difficult conversations when needed.
- An understanding of budgeting and forecasting in a catering environment
- The ability to build positive relationships across teams and ensure everyone is working towards the same goal
- The ability to work in a values driven organisation.
Please send your cv to email@example.com to be considered for this post.