Healthcare cooks required across the North East.
We are now expanding our brigade of award winning chefs with contracts available in the healthcare sector. This work would suit an experienced care home chef looking for a reduction in hours, an overworked chef looking for hourly renumeration or an enthusiastic care chef just beginning your career. You work as little or as much as you decide with ongoing and ad hoc work available. You will be covering absence in the workplace to support the existing kitchen team and ensure the smooth running of every site you attend.
Duties of Healthcare Cooks:
- Report to manager and assess the situation
- Follow written handovers and menu plans to produce tasty meals for residents using available stock exercising portion control and making allowances for any dietary requirements
- Work with the care staff to make sure the needs of all residents are met where food and nutrition is concerned
- Delegate to kitchen assistant and ensure high standards of cleanliness are met throughout your shift
- Restock, prep for the next day and record all health and safety requirements, carrying out necessary temperature checks, maintaining cleaning records etc…
The right candidate will be:
- experienced in a care home kitchen
- aware of dietary requirements relevant to the environment
- fully DBS checked
- qualified in food allergens, food safety, manual handling and health and safety – level 2 minimum
- qualified to NVQ level 2 in Professional Cookery at least or have a minimum of five years experience in a professional kitchen
- a hard working professional who takes pride in their work
- able to travel to and from various sites
- willing to work some weekends
- good hourly rates
- paid weekly
- opportunities for permanent work
- 24/7 career support
- staff incentives
If you think that Healthcare Cooks sounds like the right vacancy for you then apply today.