Adkins & Cheurfi are recruiting an Events Manager on behalf of an incomparable visitor attraction in Bicester.
About our client:
A soon-to-be opened visitor attraction in Bicester, offering an authentic collection of dynamic and inclusive visitor experiences. This venue will offer guests the chance to immerse themselves in the breadth of international automotive and aviation culture and technology, past, present and future.
With a strong focus on automotive and aviation technology and experience, from on-track, off-road to take-off, guests will also be able to participate in outdoor adventures, healthy activities, enjoy good food, rest and relaxation.
This is a hands-on event management and execution role, the candidate will be accountable for all logistical and operational aspects of delivery the venue’s events calendar. Responsibilities will include;
- The delivery of a year-round, diverse calendar of events that include
venue directly managed events and third party venue hire events.
- Develop, manage and execute events from enquiry, proposal through to contract and delivery, being accountable for all aspects of event logistics and operations.
- Deliver events on time, within budget and to the required standards expected.
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines for all events including metrics for success.
- Build and maintain effective client and tenant relationships for current activities and future business creation.
- Upsell event enquiries and repeat events to maximise value and meet commercial targets.
- Manage all supplier and stakeholder relationships in line with our company Ethos and values.
- Manage operational and administrative tasks to ensure each project is delivered efficiently and through collaboration with other departments.
- Conduct on-site tours, inspections and provide triage support for events as required, acting as the main point of contact throughout, including lone working.
- Monitor, manage and report on project budgets and expenditure from start to finish.
- Deliver high standards of hospitality and service to all customers, suppliers, local authorities, Bicester community, and the general public across all touch points.
- Secure and grow income streams by managing and promoting day to day bookings for on-site facilities.
The perfect candidate will be/have:
- Full, clean driving license
- Excellent organisation, planning & presentation skills
- Account management experience
- Highly proficient multi-tasker
- Strong analytical and financial management skills
- Pro-active and able to work alone.
- Able to problem solve under pressure and remain composed
- Proven experience of planning and delivering large scale public events end to end
- Literate in Event Health & Safety and associated compliance requirements
- Experience working with external suppliers and stakeholders including safety.
- Experience of working within multiple stakeholders across different sectors including B2B.