As the threat posed by the COVID-19 strain of the Corona Virus is growing we have implemented an action plan to protect our workforce and our clients.
All new candidates will undertake a health questionnaire designed to assess the likelihood that they have been exposed to/are displaying symptoms of the virus.
All our temporary workers will be issued with an Corona Virus Information Update via email which will give you advice on what to do if you think that you have been exposed to the virus or if you are displaying symptoms associated with the virus. It is vitally important that you read this information. This update can be found below:
Updated Corona Virus (COVID-19) Advice for Employees of Adkins and Cheurfi
The risk associated with COVID-19 infection for people in the EU/EEA and UK is currently considered moderate to high.
It is the responsibility of all of us to help prevent and contain it’s spread.
If you have been overseas in the last 14 days and are feeling unwell, please call 111
If you have came into close contact with anyone with confirmed coronavirus, please call 111
Current areas of high-risk concern are: China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Korea, Iran, Italy, Myanmar or Vietnam.
Main symptoms of Corona Virus are:
- A Cough
- A high temperature
- Shortness of breath
Other symptoms include those like a common cold a runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache and a fever that can last for a couple of days
If you think you may be at risk of having contracted the virus call 111 immediately, avoid human contact, stay indoors. Do not go to your GP or pharmacy. Call 111 and await NHS advise.
For full details on self-isolation and common questions asked please see below links to NHS website:
Further information can be found on the government website:
As an Adkins & Cheurfi Employee
- We request you call the office and declare if you have returned from anywhere outside of the UK in the last 14 days.
- We also request you must inform us of any pending travel plans to anywhere outside of the UK.
- Due to the nature of our work health and hygiene is paramount please do not accept shifts or go into to work if you are feeling unwell.
- If you do need to cancel a shift due to illness, please call the office and let us know asap.
- To safeguard yourself and others during shift please wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap
- Take a hand sanitiser and pocket tissues with you to work.
- Always cough and sneeze into a tissue then immediately discard of that tissue.
- Notify a supervisor immediately if you become unwell whilst on shift.
- If you are working in a live-in position, please follow the company policies on the coronavirus and notify a manager/supervisor if you are displaying any symptoms and are feeling unwell.
Thank you for your hard work and cooperation and please don’t hesitate to call the office if you have any questions or concerns.
We have now begun supplying our clients with details of our Corona Virus action plan. We urge any clients who believe that they may have a possible out break of the virus to inform us immediately.
We trust everyone to act responsibly and follow not only our advice but government advice which can be found on the NHS Website.
If anybody does have any questions please call the office on 0191 516 6118.