Residential Conveyancer Sunderland
The successful candidate must be able to run theior own 360 caseload from start to finish unsupervised.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
- Attendance at most or all partnership and other office or departmental meetings, leading by example with contributions made at and subsequent to such events.
- Acceptance of need for collective responsibility and confidentiality: partner disagreements should not be disclosed to staff and confidential practice matters must be safeguarded.
- Provide leadership and supervision to all staff that they oversee or supervise, whether on an office or departmental basis. All partners should provide direction and encouragement to staff and should be careful to support the practice line on issues. Cabinet responsibility should apply.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others. Will develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives.
- Gain or maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice, such as ability to send, forward and respond to e-mails with or without attachments, conduct research on internet and ensure proper filing of all data.
Job Title: Residential Chef
North East England, Tyne and Wear, Newcastle upon Tyne
Permanent, expected to work Full-Time hours
Travel, Leisure, Tourism and Hospitality
£24,666 – £24,665 per annum
Company Branding: Currently recruiting a chef for a residential home in Newcastle. The role is 37.5 hours a week and is £24,666k a year. They are looking for somebody willing to interact with the residents and have a little management skill in the kitchen.
- Prepare and cook meals for residents in a residential home.
- Create menus that cater to the dietary needs and preferences of the residents.
- Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented to a high standard.
- Manage kitchen operations, including inventory control, ordering supplies, and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Interact with residents, taking their feedback and requests into consideration.
- Supervise and train kitchen staff, ensuring they adhere to food safety and preparation guidelines.
- Monitor food quality and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Collaborate with other staff members to plan and coordinate special events or themed meals.
- Stay updated on current culinary trends and techniques to continuously enhance the dining experience for residents.
- NVQ Cooking qualification or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in food hygiene and safety.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a chef in a professional kitchen.
- Experience in cooking for individuals with dietary restrictions or special needs.
- Experience in menu planning and costing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong culinary skills and knowledge of various cooking techniques.
- Ability to create nutritious and flavorful meals.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of food quality and presentation.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with residents, staff, and suppliers.
- Basic management skills to oversee kitchen operations and supervise staff.
- Additional certifications or qualifications in culinary arts or hospitality management.
- Experience working in a residential care or healthcare setting.
- The chef will primarily work in a kitchen environment within a residential home.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays, depending on the needs of the residents.
- Physical stamina and the ability to stand for extended periods, lift heavy objects, and work in a fast-paced environment.
Adkins & Cheurfi Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a busy local pub in Gateshead for an experienced Assistant General Manager.
This role requires flexibility in working hours, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. You will work closely with the existing management team and the pub’s owners. Our client is a very busy local pub, open 7 days per week, serving freshly prepared food from 12pm to 9:30pm. The owners have successfully operated the business for over 20 years and are looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to work alongside the current Assistant General Manager after their longstanding manager retires.
As an Assistant General Manager, you will work alongside the current Assistant General Manager to support the overall operations of our busy local pub. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the management of day-to-day operations, ensuring smooth running of the pub
- Handling cash transactions and maintaining accurate records
- Training and supervising staff to deliver excellent customer service
- Overseeing bar management, including stock control and ordering
- Organising and coordinating bookings and functions
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation for local authorities such as Health & Safety, Accident Books, and Fire Safety
- Collaborating with the owners to conduct stocktakes and manage inventory
- Assisting with timekeeping sheets, sickness documentation, and weekly rosters
We are seeking candidates with previous experience in a managerial role, preferably within the hospitality industry.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational and time-management abilities
- Proficiency in cash handling
- Understanding of bar management principles
- Customer service-oriented mindset
The following qualifications are advantageous but not essential:
- Driving licence
- Food hygiene and safety certifications
- Personal license
This role requires flexibility in working hours, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. You will work closely with the existing management team and the pub’s owners.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Kitchen Manager to join our team at a well-established establishment in Whitley Bay, North East England. As a Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, ensuring the highest standards of food preparation and delivery are maintained.
- Manage and coordinate all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, and presentation
- Supervise and train kitchen staff, ensuring they adhere to health and safety regulations and maintain cleanliness standards
- Create and update menus based on seasonal availability, customer preferences, and cost considerations
- Order and manage inventory of food and kitchen supplies, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained
- Monitor food quality and presentation, addressing any issues or concerns promptly
- Collaborate with the front-of-house team to ensure smooth service and timely delivery of meals
- Implement and enforce kitchen policies and procedures to optimise efficiency and productivity
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure compliance with food hygiene and safety standards
- Handle customer feedback and complaints related to the kitchen, taking appropriate actions to resolve any issues
- Stay updated with industry trends and innovations to continuously improve the kitchen operations
- Proven experience as a Kitchen Manager or similar role in a busy hospitality environment
- Excellent knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and hygiene practises
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional kitchen environment, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking techniques, and menu planning
- Familiarity with relevant kitchen equipment and tools
- Proficiency in managing inventory and controlling food costs
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks effectively
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Culinary or hospitality degree
- Additional certifications in food safety and hygiene
- Experience working with diverse cuisines
- Knowledge of local suppliers and seasonal produce
The Kitchen Manager position is a full-time, permanent role. The work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and public holidays. The role involves working in a fast-paced and demanding kitchen environment, where standing for extended periods and lifting heavy objects may be required.
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000 per annum
Benefits: Tips, Wednesday – Sunday shifts up until Easter then service changes to 5 out of 7 until Oct.
We are recruiting for a Food Hall Retail Supervisor on behalf of our prestigious client based just outside of Perth.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced retail supervisor in continuing the pursuit of excellence in customer service that is required in our highly prestigious Food Hall Department. We are looking for a full time supervisor to work with the Head of Foodhall to help manage the flagship Food Hall Department. Working with luxury brands and products, our aim is to deliver the best goods and service that Scotland has to offer.
Duties will include assisting the Food Hall Manager in leading and managing a team, ensuring the highest levels of customer service, housekeeping, merchandising, driving sales and training and motivating your team. You will understand the importance of managing stock levels on the floor, and you will build excellent relationships with the warehouse and buying teams.
- Supporting the Head of Foodhall in day to day management and task delegation to the team.
- Motivating and training the team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Understand department revenue targets and consistently striving to achieve these.
- Assisting when required in managing rotas, holiday and absences.
- Opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring all products are effectively merchandised.
- Liaising with the warehouse and managing stock movements.
- Liaising with Buyers and managing stock/shop movements.
- Dealing effectively with customer queries and complaints.
- Liaising effectively with Customers Services for returns, exchanges and refunds.
- Stock checks as required.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- The ability to switch priorities depending on deadlines.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to converse with people at all levels.
Salary up to 30k DOE. Accommodation can be provided if the candidate is not local, we do also have a staff bus from Perth but would prefer if the person could make their own way here as that is sometimes oversubscribed. Full-time, permanent post.
We are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Events and Sales Coordinator for a picturesque venue on the cusp of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
This is a great opportunity to work in a busy, customer focussed role, set in a beautiful environment. Our client is an established English sporting clay shooting ground, boasting state of the art facilities, a gunroom and shop, clubhouse and café. You will be joining a friendly team who are all passionate about keeping this venue thriving. Your main role and responsibilities as an Events and Sales Coordinator will include;
- Planning and inspiring and selling new events alongside the General Manager
- Responsiblity for handling all event enquiries including prospective show round appointments, producing quotes, and generating proactive and reactive sales
- Completing event bookings including sending out contracts/confirmations, taking payments/invoicing and ensuring excellent management of all pre and post event communications
- Playing an active role in delivering excellent customer service from concept to completion
- Working with the wider operational teams to share the customer requirements to ensure the smooth delivery of the event
- Collaborating with internal teams on event days to ensure the seamless execution of events
- Covering the Front Reception Desk.
- Overseeing the Membership scheme and organising Members events throughout the year
- Handling and processing shooting lesson enquiries
- Take an active role in replying to social media enquires
- Working with an external Marketing agency to promote the venue.
40-hours per week, usually Tuesday to Saturday. Working hours between 08:30-17:00, although between March and September there is a requirement to work 12:00 to 20:30 on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
The perfect candidate will be / have:
- Event management experience (planning and delivery)
- A strong communicator
- Highly organised, focused, self-motivated and reliable
- Excellent written, telephone and face-to-face communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, can-do approach
Adkins and Cheurfi are currently recruiting a Chef manager for a educational setting. Are you currently working in a school but wanting a change? This job could be great for you.
This role is for a strong ambitious Chef manager who will be able to work alongisde a cook and kithchen assistants. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on active Chef Manager effectively leading the team, establishing good communication and sharing best practice to ensure the department deliver the required level of service at all times.Cooking for service daily, including breakfast, break and lunch and supporting academy functions as required, whilst ensuring the quality, presentation and service of refreshments presents a positive image of the academy
- Supervising teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the efficiency of all in-unit operations, including managing inventories, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Identifying opportunities for new service concepts to drive sales
- Liaising between customers and our internal teams to ensure we continue to exceed expectations
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Private Client Paralegal Newcastle Upon Tyne
Leading North East Law firm are looking ro recruit a Private Client Paralegal the successful candidate will be someone able to take instructions, draft documents, take a simple probate forward, someone who wants to take that experience and ability move on a bit with it. The role will be working directly with and for one of our senior private client solicitors, enabling the fee earner to concentrate more on the complex matters.
The Main Responsibilities for this role will include:-
- To provide senior members of the department with support and assistance as necessary
- To provide legal advice, assistance and representation to clients primarily in all areas of Private Client work including Probate, Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, subject to appropriate training, including
- Assisting fee earner(s) to process legal work – attending client meetings, completing file notes, file opening, initial client compliance checks, preparation of client care letters and draft wills, completion of Lasting Powers of Attorney and general administration
- Administration of probate work – co-ordinating collection of assets/identifying liabilities, preparation of oaths and applications for grants.
- Dealing with client enquiries in person and by telephone and email, making appointments, updating clients and co-ordinating fee earners diary, costs updates and dealing with aged debts To meet with clients and take initial instructions on straight forward matters To comply with the Firm’s and Department’s policies and procedures
Excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and devleop their career.
Adkins and Cheurfi are delighted to be recruiting a cook for a large contract catering site. Are you actively looking for a new role? The role is to start in January, this could be a great fresh start for 2024. You will be working weekdays 6am to 2pm, no weekends to work! The wage starts at £21k but if you are successful for an interview this can be discussed.
This role is perfect for someone looking for the next step in their career, our client is lookign for longevity within this role with options to work at different venues and also progression within the business.
- Assist the Manager with the running of the kitchen & café.
- Manage the production of food to order.
- Assist in some of the administration where needed; typically managing stock levels and ordering from suppliers
- Work alongside serving prisoners and support their training.
What we want from you:
- Have experience working in Catering.
- Possess a high-level food safety qualification. (Level 3 and above).
- To be able to work in a team and communicate well with others.
- A willingness to learn new things.
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking