Term Time Catering Assistant
Term time catering assistant required for city centre location in Newcastle
We are recruiting on behalf of a busy hospitality venue which is part of a world class educational site. An innovative, progressive and vibrant employer, they are offering excellent development opportunities to the right candidate. The successful applicant will be required to work five days per week in line with current business needs during term time. You will receive generous, guaranteed holidays over the Christmas, Easter and Summer period as standard.
What will does the role as Term Time Catering Assistant entail?
- You will be working as part of a dedicated team to prepare and produce all food to on site standards and specifications.
- You will be working alongside the chef on the pass during service in a busy restaurant serving items from the menu such as wraps, paninis, pizzas and salads.
- You will adopt the ‘clean as you go’ policy of the kitchen, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness for the staff and customers. You will wash pots and clean down areas, removing waste as necessary.
- You must take responsibility for managing stock effectively, keeping waste to a minimum and rotating stock on a daily basis.
- You will be expected to adhere to all health and safety regulations, acting responsibly and with due care and attention at all times.
- You will keep all health and safety records up to date as required.
- You will attend staff meetings and give feedback.
- You will be committed to the employer’s values of Democracy, Inclusion, Ethics, Innovation, Quality and Partnership.
- You will be expected to deliver outstanding customer service in a professional manner.
- Have a Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate.
- A GNVQ in Food or Hospitality or equivalent.
- Be a great team player with good communication skills.
- A hard worker who responds well to challenging environments.
- A consistent and reliable worker with an honest and trustworthy personality.
What are the benefits?
- Central location – accessible by public transport.
- Opportunities for ongoing personal development and career progression.
- Overtime hours available.
- Time off guaranteed over Christmas.
- Vibrant and positive work environment.
If you think that you fit the bill as Term Time Catering Assistant then apply now for an interview.