School Cook Required
School cook required to join our busy team of relief staff.
At Adkins and Cheurfi we provide much needed support to schools, nurseries, universities and care homes throughout Sunderland, Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham. We are seeking a number of experienced, organised and efficient school cooks to join our specialist team. This work would suit a restaurant or hotel chef looking to work more sociable hours or a care home or school catering manager looking to work less hours. Shifts are typically Monday-Friday and are between 6 and 8 hours in duration. It is essential that you have or are willing to immediately undergo a DBS check in order to be eligible for these locations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver high volume, fresh food to tight deadlines.
- Maintain all health and safety records as required.
- Use stock efficiently and effectively.
- Delegate to catering assistants as appropriate.
- Engage with pupils/residents and other staff members in a productive manner.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in the kitchen and serving area.
- Have minimum two years experience as a care home/school cook or kitchen manager.
- Possess knives, whites and the capacity to travel to and from work independently.
- Possess or be willing to undergo a DBS check.
- Food Safety and Health and Hygiene certificates are highly desirable.
- Be professional, respectful, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have a working knowledge of relevant dietary requirements.
- Work flexible shifts with an excellent work/life balance.
- Weekly pay – excellent rates.
- 24/7 telephone support from us.
- Gain experience in a diverse range of kitchens.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Staff incentives.
- Free uniform.
If you match the above criteria and you think that this is the role for you then do not delay. We have immediate starts available for school cooks, care home cooks and contract catering chefs.