Part time chef
Part time chef required for upmarket care kitchen in Gosforth
Our client, a prestigious, market leader in the care sector is seeking a part time chef to work three days per week with optional over time. Based in Gosforth, with parking on site you will be producing bistro quality food for residents and guests 24 hours per week. This is a rare part time vacancy in a central location, working for an established employer with scope for progression within the company and lots of opportunities for training and development. This is a temporary to permanent position.
Duties and responsibilities of part time chef:
- Producing an appetizing hot and cold selection for breakfast
- Producing a bistro quality lunch offering with a choice of two options, taking into account soft food requirements, personal preferences and dietary requirements
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the kitchen
- Keeping all health and safety records
- Ordering and stock stake as required
Skills you will have:
- You must be in possession of a DBS certificate on the Update Service or willing to undergo a DBS check
- You will be an experienced chef who has excellent time management skills
- You will be a perfectionist with a passion for making delicious food
- You will be a great team player who takes his/her responsibilities within the team seriously
- You must have an NVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery
- You must be a good communicator with outstanding people skills
Why apply for this role?
- Work in an easily accessible location with on site parking.
- Work sociable hours around your current lifestyle
- Ongoing development and training
- Job security
- Staff incentives
If you think that this part time chef role would suit you then please apply today.