Hotel Chef – live in
Hotel Chef needed for well established hotel on Islay, Scotland.
Our client is a charming, independent property with a proud 150 year history as a busy hotel in the heart of Islay. There are two bars and one restaurant on site with eleven en suite rooms for guests to enjoy. The restaurant menu makes the most of the best ingredients from local suppliers and offers a modern take on traditional Scottish cuisine. Think fresh oysters, Argyll lamb and vegetables from the gardens and you get the idea. They are looking for a committed Chef de Partie to join the friendly, well run kitchen team in time to be fully trained and integrated for the summer season. There is live in accommodation available on site and staff meals are par for the course. This permanent position would suit an enthusiastic chef looking to improve their skills and gain experience in order to progress their career.
Duties and responsibilities of Hotel Chef:
- Take responsibility for a section in the kitchen, prepping, delivering the goods during a busy service and cleaning down.
- Managing stock and adhering to all health and safety regulations.
- Using guest feedback to constantly improve as a chef.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure all the gastronomic needs of the guests are met.
You will be:
- A dynamic chef with a real interest in perfecting your craft.
- Experienced at Chef de Partie level or above.
- NVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery.
- Willing to update your Food Safety training.
- A genuine team player who can work with others under pressure to achieve brilliant results.
Perks of the job:
- Affordable live in accommodation in a private room at £40 per week.
- Staff meals
- On the job training
- Well equipped kitchen
- Friendly team
If you think that you would be suitable for this Hotel Chef vacancy then please get in touch today.