Bank Chef needed to provide kitchen cover across a number of nursing homes throughout Darlington, Teesside and County Durham.
We are currently in need of an experienced bank care home chef to cover holidays and absence for our clients. This work would suit a candidate looking for a good work-life balance, free weekends and set hours.
Duties will include:
- producing breakfasts, lunches and evening meals for residents and staff in a variety of care environments
- organising the kitchen and ensuring an efficient food service
- catering for residents with soft food requirements among other dietary requirements
- communicating with other staff to ensure you meet the needs of the residents
- keeping all health and safety records in order
- stock management
- maintaining impeccable standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the kitchen
- some homes require you to serve the food
- engaging with residence to provide a friendly and respectful dining experience
To be eligible for this work, you must:
- have a recent enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to complete one
- have minimum two years experience in a similar environment
- have Food Safety Level 3
- be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- be COSHH and HACCP trained
- have a sound working knowledge of soft food and dietary requirements
- be a good communicator
- be a professional and tolerant individual
- be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
We know that we ask alot of our relief chefs at Adkins and Cheurfi recruitment but what can you expect in return?
- An honest, proactive relationship with your dedicated consultant.
- Career advice and progression.
- Excellent rates of pay in line with what you are expected to do
- Free uniform
- Holiday pay
- PAYE or ltd company sole trader – your choice
- Staff incentives
If you think that you fit the bill as a Bank Chef for care work then we would be interested in hearing from you today.