Assistant Kitchen Manager
Assistant Kitchen Manager – permanent
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a large educational site located in Blyth, Northumberland. We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Catering Manager to join the team and work alongside an established Kitchen Manager to produce fresh food for up to 1,200 pupils. Your hours would be 7am-3pm, Mon-Fri, term time only.
What does this role as Assistant Kitchen Manager involve?
- Work alongside the Kitchen Manager to assist in the delivery of fresh meals in large volumes to tight deadlines.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager to help plan nutritious menus on a four week rotation.
- Deal with suppliers, take deliveries, order and manage stock.
- Oversee a team of twelve catering assistants to ensure a smooth service.
- Adhere to all on site health and safety policies, completing all records daily.
- Stay abreast of government legislation relevant to school cooking.
The right candidate will:
- Have previous, relevant experience.
- Have a DBS certificate or be willing to undergo an immediate DBS check.
- Be computer literate.
- Be a great communicator, capable of following and issuing instructions clearly and concisely.
- A methodical and organised individual with the ability to work well under pressure.
- A NVQ 6100 in Professional Cookery is desirable.
- Be a trustworthy and reliable character with professional integrity.
Why apply for this position?
- Guaranteed holidays over the Christmas, Easter and Summer periods.
- Work only Monday-Friday, sociable hours.
- Work in a state of the art kitchen alongside a well established, committed team.
- On site parking.
- Ongoing training and development.
If you feel that you are interested in the role of Assistant Kitchen Manager then please apply today.