Chef wanted for a trendy cafe/wine bar in Gateshead
We are looking for an experienced chef to work in a small team at a trendy cafe/bistro close to Gateshead.
The menu is British / European inspired with a strong focus on good quality food cooked to order.
They have a great reputation with locals for offering delicious, fresh food and drink throughout the day and into the evening.
You would be working in a small friendly team in a vibrant environment. This role would suit a chef with a background in smaller independent venues or boutique hotels.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Menu input, creating menu spec sheets and costing of dishes.
- Maintaining all health and safety records and managing stock
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the kitchen and serving area
- Working with other chefs to ensure a smooth running of service at all times
- Acting on customer feedback to improve the overall guest experience
The Chef candidate will be:
- Experienced in a similar working environment
- Able to work weekends and evening (early finishes on Sundays)
- Familiar with COSHH and HACCP
- Qualified to level 3 in professional cookery or equivalent
- A positive and proactive chef with a professional attitude
- Reliable, punctual and an individual who takes pride in the food he/she produces
- Great working environment
- Share of tip scheme
- Free onsite parking
- 28 days Holiday
- Career progression
If you think this is the role for you please apply today for immediate review.